Converitble Top Rain Rail by Robbins
The rain rail is a plastic "rain gutter" (the cross section is shaped like the letter "U") that pop-rivets to the convertible top and every Miata has one. It is located at the base of the top below the window (you can't see it until you remove the top) and funnels the water that runs down between the top and the body of the car to drainage holes. If this piece is cracked or brittle, serious water damage can occur.
Mazda's original "drip rails" as they were called were made of ABS plastic material (until 2003) which was subject to become brittle over time and subsequently crack. In 2004 Mazda switched to an injection molded rubberized PVC version, and Robbins has followed suit. This material is able to be rolled tightly for economical shipping, but more importantly, is less prone to cracking. Robbins calls it "crack proof," and it is the best replacement rain rail offered on the market today.
If you are planning to do a top installation yourself purchase any top WITH the rain rail, your installation will go much smoother.
Moss Has You Covered
- All products we sell are warrantied against defects in material and workmanship by the original equipment manufacturer or Moss Motors, Ltd., for 12 months from the date of shipment.
- We will replace the product or refund your purchase price at our discretion.
- The warranty does not cover labor, failure of a related component, failure resulting from faulty installation, nor would the liability of Moss Motors exceed the cost of the original component.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.
- Many of the brands we carry have their own warranty terms that have you covered outside of our 12 month protection.