Hood Lift Kit by Cobalt - Black
Cobalt's engineers have designed many hood lift kits over the years and were anxious to take on the new MX-5. Being performance enthusiasts and fellow gear heads they knew that this kit needed to do more than just lift the hood. To that end they produced a hood lift kit with a number of features not seen in other kits.
Easy Engine Access - Struts mount near cowl so engine is accessible from the sides without needing to reach around the strut as on other kits.
Progressive Struts - Once hood is opened half way the struts gently lift it to the fully open position. Other kits use inexpensive linear struts that are either too strong or to weak that cause the hood to raise so fast it comes to a shuddering stop at the top stressing all components or requires you to lift the hood all the way open yourself.
Note: Hood must be closed carefully to avoid twist or damage! To save weight, cost and holes drilled in your car, this kit uses a single gas spring to keep the hood in place once raised. The result is; whomever closes the hood must take caution and push the hood down more gently and from the side of the hood on which the gas spring is attached. The aluminum hood can be damaged if closed too aggressively, from the middle, or opposite side of the gas spring.
Moss Has You Covered
- All products we sell are warrantied against defects in material and workmanship by the original equipment manufacturer or Moss Motors, Ltd., for 12 months from the date of shipment.
- We will replace the product or refund your purchase price at our discretion.
- The warranty does not cover labor, failure of a related component, failure resulting from faulty installation, nor would the liability of Moss Motors exceed the cost of the original component.
- Warranty requests should be submitted to our sales department and must be supported by the original Moss Motors purchase invoice and documentation of the failure.
- Many of the brands we carry have their own warranty terms that have you covered outside of our 12 month protection.